Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ode to Google

Ode to Google

Oh Google how I love thee yes I do
My burden you do ease, my sorrow falls
I trust in life that you will guide me through
When I am lost you show me open doors
When life confounds you make it all so clear
I seek your wisdom and I plead my case
Without judgement you set my mind at ease
With you by my side I never need fear
All of the world’s knowledge I can embrace
And with that I may do as I shall please.

By SJ Driscoll

(Inspired by Simon's poem and constructed with the aid of Google and Wikipedia to find the formal structure of odes and iambic pentameter)

Several things should be clear by this poem. I heart google. My poetic ability is limited to one stanza. And I have no life.


2 comments:

  1. I'm flattered if my paltry rhyme
    Awoke the muse for you this time
    And much as I admire your verse
    Beware the dreaded poet's curse
    No crystal ball could better predict
    The formation of another rhyming addict
    Whose every lexical choice is agony
    Determined by immutable laws of euphony
    And rest assured your verse will be frugal
    When you try to find a match for Google
    Your life will no longer be in your hands
    Once you submit to Rhyme's exacting demands
    So take my advice and get out now
    Save yourself if you know how
    Disaster can certainly still be averted
    And your discourse remain largely unperverted
    Heed my warning before you fall
    For Rhyme's soporific siren call ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have put me to shame Simon, I must therefore respectfully retire my poetic ambitions.

    ReplyDelete